Verse of the Day

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, to Blake!

Today, is Blake's FIFTH Birthday! I cannot believe it. He is getting so big.
We are officially going to celebrate next Saturday, with family and friends. Daddy is gone this weekend, and so is a lot of the people he wanted at his party. So, next weekend it is. I'll post pics then.
Blake's biggest excitement about turning five, was the fact that he could get his own Library Card! lol He wants to check out his own books, not have someone else do it. He is following in the footsteps of his Momma and big Brothers. We LOVE to read!
Blake's not reading yet, but we're working on recognizing our letters. He's doing very well. He can pick out words, based on the first letter. Example: Blake starts with B, so the word must be Blake! lol He's writing some letters on his own, but not all.
He should be done with all the Preschool work I have for him by January. If he's ready, then I'll start him in the Kindergarten work from CLE. If he'd gone to Public School, he wouldn't start K, until next August, but if I think he's ready, I'll go ahead and start him earlier. Most home school curriculum doesn't seem to start them reading til they are six, but I'd like him to stay caught up to his brothers (who learned in PS Kindergarten). I'm not going to push him, by any means, because he is not as mature as the other two were at that age. But, we're gonna give it a go! lol If I have trouble, my Mother is great at that sort of thing, and my Mother-in-Law is an English Major, Public School Resource Teacher. I think I've gt my bases covered! lol
So, anyway, Happy Birthday, to my precious little boy! I love you, Baby!












1 comment:

Blog Archive