Verse of the Day

Friday, October 30, 2009

LONG TWO WEEKS

For those of you wondering where I've been for the last two weeks...
Well, I got the flu! I've been sick since last Friday. I began to feel better by Wednesday. I no longer had fever, anyway. I am still so very tired and weak, though. I guess that might last for a few more days. As of this moment, no one else has gotten it.

Blake went last Monday to spend the night with his Nanny (my Mom) and his cousin Isaac. Mom brought him home on Tuesday, while she took my Sister to town for a Dr's appt. When she finished, she took the two boy back to her house. They were going to stay with her until Wednesday night. We were to take them home after church, that night. Well, things never work out the way you plan.

Anthony came home Wednesday, with a headache and sore throat. Yup. Mom decided, with Blake's asthma history, not to bring him home, yet. The rest of us stayed home from church, just to be safe. (Once again I missed church. I hadn't been the Sunday before, due to small cold and terrible abdominal pain~~one more reminder as to why I'm having a hysterectomy in a month.) Well, Anthony decided by bedtime that he was fine. So, he went to work the next morning. He's been fine ever since. Must have been the weather. Hmmm...

Anyway, Mom called on Thursday, and said they'd take Lane for a couple of days also. Just to be safe. He's my other asthmatic son. So, Lane went to Nanny's on Thursday. Isaac had gone home on Wednesday. Thursday evening, I went to April's, as usual, and cleaned her house. Friday morning, I decided to take the two remaining boys to town. We went to the library for their book sale. We joined April there and had a grand time. (BTW, I was originally suppose to take Anthony to get his scope done on Friday. He had to reschedule. The hospital needed him to work that Saturday, and they told him it would be OVERTIME if he worked Friday, too. So, guess what he did! lol Hes been working late this week, also. Overtime has not been a problem for them this week. So, since his hours have been cut back for months, Anthony has taken them up for the extra.)

But, back to my story. lol I took the boys home for lunch and a nap for Landon, then we went to Wal-Mart for groceries. By the time I got home from the store, I was miserable. I stated with a headache in the store, and I had a sore throat by the time I got home. I felt a little warm, so I took my temp. I had 99.5*. Now, for me,that's fever. On a normal day, I can't even get normal o the thermometer. Well, I called Mom, to let her know. We both decided that it couldn't be the flu. The only time I'd been out of the house in a week, had been that day and the Friday before. Also, on Wednesday, I'd gone o the park, but that was too soon to get sick.

Well, Mom brought the boys home, and we told them not to come near me, til we found out fr sure just how sick I really was. I ended up calling Mom later that evening, to tell her that my fever had gone up to 100.5*. So, Anthony packed ll the boys up and took them out to Mom and Dad's. By Sunday, I was ill. I haven't been that sick in a while. And I was sick for two weeks a couple of months ago. By Wednesday, my fever broke. Today, I've been doing a couple of things around here. I just don't seem to have any strength, though. Everything I do, even walking across the room, sets my heart to racing something awful. But,I feel better than I did earlier this week.

My boy are coming home in a coupe of hours! Yay!!! I just hope and pray that I can stand the excited little men! It's been VERY quiet around here. lol
I really can't wait to she them. Blake's been gone for almost two weeks, and the rest of them have been gone for a week. Mom says that Landon is saying more and more things this week. I can't wait for his sweet little hugs!
Lane and Jacob have been doing their Math and Language Arts at Mom's, so they don't get further behind. I think Mom's ready for them to come home. I think she's tired of Math and Grammar. lol

Well, I guess I've rambled on long enough, now. I'm just glad to be doing a little better.

Romans 8:28 " And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow I'm sorry you've been sick! What a blessing your mom took the boys! That was sweet of her. I'm glad you're a bit better and hope that you continue to feel better and the boys don't get whatever it was.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive