Verse of the Day

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Job 1-3

Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Job 1-3

Ok, so I'm a little behind in posting this, but here goes.

Chapter 1:5, tells us that Job prayed for his Sons while they were feasting. He did this for the very purpose that they MIGHT be sinning. We should pray for ourchildren continually. They just MIGHT be sinning.

Verse 8 Wouldn't you just Love it to have God say of you, "There is none like him/her in the earth, a perfect and upright person..."? We should continually strive for those words.

In my Bible, I have highlighted these words from verse 21. "...the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken awy; blessed be the name of the Lord." In times of trouble, I think we should always remember these words. It may not always be easy, but this is what we should strive for.

Verses 11-13 of Chapter 2, are awe inspiring to me. Job's friends came to him in his time of need. They just sat with him for seven days and seven nights. They didn't speak to him. They just sat with him. They were showing him that they loved him and were there for him. That's the kind of friend I want to be to those around me.

And now, chapter 3. When I read this chapter, I get tears in my eyes. This man is grieving so much. You know, I've experienced one major tragedy in my life. A very dear friend of mine drowned when he was 16.  I know many who have lost their children (either through a miscarriage, or sickness, or some accident), some have lost there parents, others have lost very dear friends and family. Some of you may have experienced one or more of these things. But, can you imagine losing EVERYTHING you own, including ALL of your children? Then to be struck with an illness or something, yourself? How horrible this must have been for Job. Yet, in all this, "he sinned not, nor charged God foolishly." Job 1:22
In chapter 3,we read were he wished he'd never been born. He was greiving so much, that he figured he'd been better off if he'd never been born. Have you ever felt that way?

As always, comments are welcome. Do you have a thought?
Coming later, today, I'll post on Joshua 1-5. Thanks for reading. May God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive