Verse of the Day

Friday, February 5, 2010

1 Corinthians 1-6

Friday, February 5, 2010
1 Corinthians 1-6
Chapter 2, verse 9: "But it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
   This verse tells me that no matter what I've been told, or what I've read, or what I may have imagined; Heaven is beyond all that. There is no way we can know just what Heaven will look like. It is byond our imaginations. Even with the book of Revelatians, we cannot know what it will truely look like.
 
Chapter 5, verses 9-11: "I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat."
   I looked up these words in my Strong's and Dictionary:

  • Fornicator ~ whoremonger, fornicator  This didn't help as whoremonger said the same thing. But I think we all know what a fornicator is. These words were not in my Dictionary.
  • Covetous ~ Eager for gain, a defrauder  (dic.)To desire longingly
  • Extortioner ~ extortion, ravening   (dic.) to obtain by violence or threats
  • Idolaters ~ an image worshipper  (dic.) to worship idols, having excessive devotion
  • Railers ~ abusive, blackguard, reviler  Wasn't in dictionary. Blackguard was ~a villian, scoundrel
  • Drunkard ~ tipsy   (dic.) one who is legally or noticeably overcome by drink

   If we have a brother, in Christ, who is one of these things, then we are to not be around them. We are not even suppose to eat with them.
 
Tomorrow's chapters are Isaiah 23-28.

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive