Verse of the Day

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Luke 9-13

Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Luke 9-13

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
   These are powerful verses! If we are called upon to confess Jesus' name and lose our lives for it, are we willing to do so?

:49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.

:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
   What do these verses mean to you? I would LOVE to here your comments!


Luke 10:38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
   I love these verses! As aVirtuous Woman, yes, we need to be caring for our household and any who may be there. But, God's Word is WAY more important!

The next set of chapters will be Job 37-39.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive