Verse of the Day

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Philippians

Friday, April 9, 2010
Philippians


This book is one of my favorites. There is so much in it!

Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
   The world has the frame of mind that "I'm better than you!" God wants us to have the attitude of "You're better than me!" Also, we are to look out for our Brothers and Sisters in Christ. We need to help those that we see are needing that help. Even if they don't think they need that help, I think it is our duty to try.

:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
   No matter what we have been given to deal with in our life, we are not to whine about it.

4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
   My boys LOVE this verse!

:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
   These are the things that should be in our hearts!

:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
   We can do anything with the help of Jesus! Isn't that a wonderful feeling?

The next chapters are Jeremiah 1-6.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive