Verse of the Day

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 14

For more Daybooks ~ Go Visit Peggy

FOR TODAY... May 4, 2010

Outside my window... the sun is shining and the birds are chirping!

I am thinking... of all the things David Gaddy (a very dear friend of my family and others here) spoke to our congregation about this weekend. Helping those in need has become a big thing for us. I pray we will continue in our efforts.

I am thankful for...  all my many wonderful blessings. Did you know that 90% of the World's Population make less than $9000.00 in a year. Also, I am thankful for my boys' loving hearts. They want to find ways that they can help others.

I am remembering... all those in the adoption process. I pray they will all have their precious babies soon!

I am going... to take Lane for an Ortho Evaluation this afternoon. Not looking forward to paying for braces.

I am currently reading... Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey

From the learning rooms... We've had a break, and now it's time to get back in the groove. Doing School year round, and taking breaks when needed, is going to be great! We are also about to start studying Guatemala. Any suggestions? Guatemala has just become very important to my family.

I am hoping... to learn how to make simple hair bows and other cute little girl things. I love doing things like that, I just don't know how to do it well. Hopefully, Nicole can help me! (Hint, Hint, Unka Cole ~ Landon's name for his Aunt Nicole lol)

On my mind... the 26,500 children who will die today, due to lack of SIMPLE care. That would be like the entire population, in my town, dying today. 26,500 more will die tomorrow. That's like the rest of my County dying tomorrow! Horrible!

Noticing that... God works in strange, mysterious, wonderful ways!

Pondering these words... "I need the poor more than they need me!"

I am hearing... birds chirping, the dryer is going, the washer is washing, and.....oh, wait, while I go take care of fighting boys!

From the kitchen... we've been eating our freezer meals so fast! I hope we don't run out before I'm ready!

Around the house... we are about to go through everything and get rid of stuff. I'm gonna have to have a yardsale. The boys are very insistant upon selling some of they're things, so they can help those in need!

One of my favorite things... Pigtails! I think little girls should always have them! :)

A few plans for the rest of the week: ummmm.......

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed stopping by today. Very profound thoughts! Blessings to you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive