Verse of the Day

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 15

For More Daybooks ~ Go Here


FOR TODAY... May 11, 2010


Outside my window... the sun is shining and all is calm. This is good, since last night, the wind was howling and blowing something fierce!

I am thinking... of how fast the last two years have gone!

I am thankful for... the opportunity to be able to help others that need it.

I am wearing... blue jeans, maroon tank top w/ white shirt over it, and white flip flops.

I am remembering... Grandpa Bob. He wasn't really my Grandpa, but he was my Cousins' Grandpa, and we always called him that. He passed away over the weekend.

I am going... to take food to my Aunt's this afternoon and then go to Grandpa Bob's Memorial Service this evening.

I am currently reading... The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks and The Love Dare

From the learning rooms... lots of work being done this week. Go here to see what we're doing this week.

I am creating... Care Packages to send to Guatemala.

On my mind... the day Landon was born......May 13, 2008. He'll be 2 Thursday!

Noticing that... My Baby's not a Baby anymore.

Pondering these words... Matthew 18:5 "And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me."

I am hearing... someone crying in the other room. Excuse me while I go check that out.....Yeah, someone wasn't getting their way.

From the kitchen... Making Cheese Dip and Taco Salad to take to my Aunt's.

Around the house... Going through one room at a time, clearing out things we don't use, don't need, don't have room for, etc, etc., etc........

One of my favorite things... watching my boys learn about the needy of this world and wanting to help them.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Blake is having his last H.I.P.P.Y. session today. Miss Carla will come and look over the preschool work and then he's done. (We will have a fun get-together at the end of the month, to celebrate the end of the year)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The Dorse Boys
From Youngest to Oldest
Landon 2, Cousin Garrett 4 1/2, Blake 5 1/2, Jacob 8,
Cousin Justin 9, Lane 10 1/2, and Cousin Connor 11 3/4


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful picture. What a treasure!!! You have a delightful place to visit. Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive