Verse of the Day

Monday, June 14, 2010

Hebrews 1-5

Friday, May 28, 2010
Hebrews 1-5

Hebrews 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
   I had never noticed these two verses before. A promise to teach our children to trust in God.

4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
   This is an awesome picture of the Bible.

 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
   We are told to grow in the Word of God. If we don't, we are unskilful in His Word. How can we teach others of God, if we don't know His Word as we should?
The next chapters will be Jeremiah 37-41.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive