Verse of the Day

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 17

for more daybooks ~ go here


FOR TODAY...  JUNE 8, 2010

Outside my window... it is already pretty warm out there.

I am thinking... of Sister Snookie's family. She passed away Sunday evening. We will all greatly miss her.

I am thankful for... cousins who give you their extra bed, to sleep on when you're in town! Thanks to Daniel and Tera for the wonderful hospitality you showed us this weekend. We love you guys!

I am wearing... my pajamas.

I am remembering... how Sister Snookie always gave the boys Tootsie Rolls, after church. That was the first thing Blake mentioned when he found out that she'd passed away.

I am going... to the bank, the post office, and my Sister's house, today. Tonight, we have Sister Snookie's visitation, tomorrow is the funeral.

I am currently reading... 1776 by David McCullough, and The Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson

From the learning rooms... We are watching a DVD about George Washington, today. Also, we are still working on the Civil War, Middle Ages, and Astronomy.

I am hoping... that I can get the boys in the habit of reading a Proverb chapter every day. I think it would be good for them, as boys, to read about wisdom, and such, every day.

On my mind... is how much we will miss Sister Snookie.

Noticing that... Landon is definitely TWO now. We are having got to crack down on the screaming and selfishness coming from him.

Pondering these words... "A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother." ~ Proverb 10:1

I am hearing... absolute silence! The older two boys are reading books and the younger two are still sleeping.

From the kitchen... I am going to try to make a few freezer meals for the next couple of weeks.

Around the house... The boys finally got their closet cleaned out and the trash thrown away. Now, I need to decide what gets put back, and what goes away. Also, trying to make sure we all have enough clothes for our camping trip; as well as food and supplies.

One of my favorite things... Watching my boys' faces light up when they learn something new!

A few plans for the rest of the week: The in-laws are coming Wednesday Evening. They'll spend the night and then head to their nephew's for a few days. The y will come back through Saturday Evening and spend the night. They'll go home sometime Sunday. Anthony may have some A/C jobs lined up on Saturday, so he may not be around for the day. That's okay, because any extra money he can make would sure help us out.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Landon loves to color on his Aqua Doodle Pad that we got him for
 his birthday. I'm thinking he may end up a Lefty!







Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The picture is so sweet. I'm so glad to meet another AR blogger. I live in Russellville. I love AR and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I love your blog design. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive