Verse of the Day

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 20

For more Daybooks ~ Go HERE

FOR TODAY... July 6, 2010

Outside my window... the sun is shining, birds are singing, and the traffic on our road is pretty slim.

I am thinking... of how tired I am of us always being sick. I'd sure like to get my carpets ripped up, as I think that's alot of our problem. I'm either going to have to rip it up and wait til I can afford to paint the concrete, or wait til I can paint the concrete and then rip it up. (any suggestions here?) We would really love to put some Lamanete (is that spelled right?) Flooring put down, but really can't afford that for the near future.

I am thankful for... tylenol and motrin.

I am wearing... brown pants and flip flops with a pink t-shirt that has the USA on it. All the states have their names in them.

I am remembering... how hard it is for me to get up at the crack of dawn!!! *Yawn*

I am going... Well, I'm Suppose to go help my Mother can potatoes on Thursday, but we'll see how everyone is feeling by then. I could use a Girl's Night-Out this week...... wonder if I'll get one? lol I need to go clean my Sister's house, but that also depends on how the boys and I feel.

I am currently reading... still reading "The Parting" by Beverly Lewis.

From the learning rooms... Our break is over and it's Back to the Books for us. The boys will be doing their George Washington Essays this week, also.

I am creating... I'm going to try to get my skirt made this week. We'll see if I can find the time....lol

I am hoping... we all get well soon!!

On my mind... so many things, that I can't oranize them on here. Please pray for us and our extended family, right now. So much going on, and we all need alot of Wisdom at this point.

Noticing that... in the Little House Days, they seemed to work so hard, but have a lot of time for fun, too. Look what happens when you have all this nice new fangled electronic gadgets, that are suppose to save you time. HA!

Pondering these words... Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

I am hearing... the dryer (Anthony fixed it last week. Something had fallen inside it, or something.), the automated hold message at the children's doctor's office (I'm caller #7), the boys are asleep but coughing, and Anthony is snoring (He stayed home a few hours this morning to help get the boys ready to go to the doctor ~ if I can get them in.).

From the kitchen... Tuesday: Chicken Nuggets w/ Chicken Cordon Bleu filling, French Fries, Carrot Sticks and Bread and Butter
                            Wednesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Corn, and Green Beans
                             Thursday: Mexican Fiesta
                             Friday: Hamburgers, Baked Beans, Fruit Salad, and Carrot Sticks
                             Saturday: Talapia, Corn, Pasta, Rolls, and Grean Beans
                             Sunday: Manicotti, Rolls, Green Beans and Bacon Cassarole, and Corn
                            Monday: Meatloaf, Green Bean Leftovers, Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and Bread and Butter

Around the house... I got all of the boys clothes packed up. I have clothes for the m to grow into, under the bed; clothes boxed up to take to Goodwill; and clothes boxed up to take to a resale shop. I also found a few things I can give my SIL, Ruth, for her baby BOY, that is due in December (that makes 8 Grandsons on my Husband's side ~ with still NO GIRLS!!) I couldn't find much, since Landon was a May baby and this one will be a December baby.
 Also, we quit potty training Landon. He just wasn't ready, like we thought. I'll try again in a month, I think. He loved sitting on his potty, but just never could figure out what he was supposed to do. He did go a few times, but only because I sat him there til he did something, a couple of times.

One of my favorite things... Fireworks!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Getting back to business with School. Getting the boxed up clothing off to there respective new homes. Sanitizing the house. We've had enough sickness this year to last us a lifetime.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...  Landon's cute little potty we got for him. Guess we'll get it back out in a month or so.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sorry everyone is so sick.IT's hard for me to get up at the crack of dawn too! Will be praying for you and your family.

    That potty is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive