Verse of the Day

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 21

For more Daybooks ~ go here

FOR TODAY.... July 13, 2010

Outside my window... it is extremely cloudy, someone is mowing the soccer field across the street, a couple of people are doing their morning jog, and the high school is still undergoing construction.

I am thinking... of all the junk we've collected in this house over the last 8 years, and how it is time to get rid of it all!

I am thankful for... free empty boxes and a Dad who can get them for me! Thanks Dad! (not that he actually reads this, or anything...lol)

I am wearing... brown pants and Arkansas Razorback shirt

I am remembering... my Papa Jake, my Mother's Step Dad. I never knew my first Grandpa. He died before I turned 1. Mammaw married Papa Jake when I was 6 or 7, I think. Papa Jake used to let me brush his bald head (he had a smidgen of hair) for as long as I wanted, and he always gave me a quarter when I finished. Once, he let me come work in his furniture store. I got to dust shelves and things. I think he paid me for that, too. Papa Jake died of  a heart attack when I was 12.

I am going... to go to the park tomorrow, if the weather lets us. My Sister in Law (Jennifer) and her 3 boys are in town, visiting her best friend, and they are all going and have invited me and the boys. Hope it doesn't rain. The boys are looking forward to spending some time with their cousins.
I am currently reading... "Charlotte Web" by E.B. White to the boys.

From the learning rooms... The boys finished their George Washington Study, and will work on their Martha Washington Study this week.

I am creating... a horrible mess in my house. There are boxes everywhere.

I am hoping... to get my packing done in time. We are pulling up the carpet on the 24th.

On my mind... I've got to call my bug man, today! Our garage is full of ants and spiders again, and I need to store some things in there.

Noticing that... We have a TON of books! I've packed several boxes, and most of them are books.

Pondering these words... "Shine" song by The Newsboys  I LOVE that song! You can read the words on the right side of my blog.

I am hearing... "Veggie Tales 'The Ballad of Little Joe'", Landon singing "Veggie Tale" song, Lane laughing at Landon, the dryer and washer, and the a/c.

From the kitchen... I need to figure out what kind of meals I'm going to make during our painting days. Something I can fix and freeze, now, and throw in the crock pot later. Any Ideas?

Around the house... lots of boxes to pack.

One of my favorite things... Artistic People! I was so grateful to my Sister in Law (Nicole) for the help in picking out my paint colors.

A few plans for the rest of the week: pack boxes, schoolwork, go to park, pack boxes, clean Sister's house, pay bills, grocery shopping, pack boxes, pack boxes, and pack boxes.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... Landon's first night in his Big Boy Bed, with Big Brother Jacob.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive