Verse of the Day

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Need a Break!!

I have sadly neglected my poor blog, lately. I've had so much going on, it got put on the back burner. My goal, when I started this blog, was to post (at least) three times a week. I wanted to post something everyday, but knew that was an unlikely goal. But, I never dreamed how hard it would be to do just three times a week.

My life has been so crazy lately. I'm not complaining. Don't get me wrong. I know there are others out there who have worse problems than I do. But, for me, it's been almost more than I can handle. God has not given me more than that, but there have been times when I have felt close to the edge of my sanity.

I started selling Avon, this summer, to help my husband bring in some income (and still stay home with my boys). It's going okay, but I need it to do better. I'll get there, it's just gonna take time. I have a booth at Old Fashion Day on October 8th. I'm sharing a booth with Nicole, who sells Pampered Chef. Hopefully that will bring the both of us many prospects for new customers. If your in the area, come by the courthouse square and say "Hey!" We'll be there all day!!

We "started" school a few weeks ago. We basically do school all year round, so we can take breaks when needed. Our summer was pretty busy, so we didn't do much, but our year started over a few weeks ago. I decided to go ahead and get going with the new school year, because I was tired of bored boys. It's been WAY too hot for them and with no room to do much inside, I was starting to pull my hair out. So, school started. Lane is now in 6th grade, Jacob moved on to 4th, Blake is now a 1st grader, and Landon is my Preschooler!
Well, the first two days went fairly smooth. The big boys got all their work for those two days done in a good, timely manner. Then, Landon got an extremely bad cold, that kept him and me up for several days. Poor baby was miserable. Then, just as he began to feel better, I came down with it. Mine was much worse. I think the reason for this, was I was run down, to start with, from lack of sleep while he was sick. Now, I was getting no sleep, because I couldn't breathe. It lasted almost two weeks.

Just as I was starting to feel human again, we did something REALLY crazy! We got a PUPPY!!! She's adorable. She was not quite 5 weeks old. The owner was moving, and couldn't take the puppies with her, so she had to get rid of them a bit early. That first night was NOT FUN! Poor Baby (the boys named her Bella Rose) missed her Mommy. We also feed her too much supper, that night. I've never cared for a puppy before, and the directions on the puppy food bag confused me. I fed her a whole day's ration for supper. Her poor tummy hurt all night, I'm sure. She peed and pooped all night. So, once again, no sleep for me! I know, I know! I was crazy to agree to this.

Two days later, Lane came down with that rotten cold. The rest of the boys went and spent a few days with Grandma and Pappaw, before she started back to school. (Needless to say, school was put on hold from day 3 on.....) While the boys were gone, Lane and I did a LOT of resting. I needed sleep!!! All the things I had planned on doing while they were gone, did not get done. I slept instead. And Lane was here to take care of Bella. The boys went to the Grandparent's on Tuesday, August 2nd. Lane and I met them halfway, to get them back on Friday.

Anthony, in the meantime, started feeling bad on Wednesday. His gut was hurting. He's had many health issues with his gut, so we were a bit worried that it might be one of those come back. He came home from work, Friday, just before we left to get the boys. He decided to take a nap while we were gone, since we were suppose to go to a birthday party for the twins, that night.
I had just gotten to the boys, when he called and told me he was headed to the ER. The pain had gotten very severe. He didn't want to go through the weekend without getting it seen about. He told me to get the boys, go on to the party, and he's let me know if I needed to come up there. Well, his Mom and Dad decided to just go on up, too. I took the boys to the party ( I was gonna have to take them there and leave them, anyway, if he decided he wanted me up there.
Long story short...they admitted him for Pancreatitis. (one of the problems he'd had before) So, I left the boys with Mom and Dad and headed up to the hospital. He finally got to come home on Wednesday evening. But, we were back at the ER the next day. They decided they had rushed his recovery a bit soon, but we got to go back home, that day, and he started feeling better after that. Treatment for Pancreatitis is, IV fluids, pain meds, and Gut Rest. He was not allowed to even have ice chips for a few days. They then allowed clear liquids and then soft foods. They just moved him too quickly from liquids to food. So, on Thursday, they sent him back home on a liquid diet, again. He finally had real food, again, on Monday.
While in the hospital, we didn't get any rest. (Well, he was on pain meds, so he slept off and on) I guess it's a good thing I was able to get a couple of days of napping done, while the kids were gone. God knew I was gonna need to get my strength back up for the hospital stay. 

Well, school "started" back up again, Monday. For two days, things went pretty smooth. Then, Landon started feeling bad. He didn't sleep well last night, so neither did I. Wait......I already said all that! No,'s happening all over again!!!!! *sigh* I don't know how much more of this I can handle. I know God will be there with me, and He won't give me more than I can handle, but I'm SO TIRED!!!

At least, this time, I was able to get the boys' schoolwork set up to where they could do the work they do on their own, without me telling them what to do. They already knew in advance. So the difference in today, and last time? They got up and did their work, and didn't have to wait on me!! And they both finished up in a timely manner. Now, all we have left for today, is some reading I need to do with them.

Anthony feels much better, now. He just has to be VERY careful what he eats. He's basically on a bland diet of Fish, Chicken, and Turkey.

Yes, my life has been crazy lately. But, the hospital stay could have been longer. Anthony could have been sicker. This too shall pass. I am just thankful we were able to spend our 13th wedding anniversary at home, Monday, rather than at the hospital. And, I'll get some sleep one of these days.....I think..   lol

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

And now, for some pictures!!!

Bella Rose July 29th
She turned 5 weeks old the next day

These came from the congregation in Corinth,
for Anthony, during his hospital stay.

These came from Anthony's co-workers

Goofy Landon! This couldn't have been
comfortable, but he loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive