Verse of the Day

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Computer Time


For sometime now, I've been telling Blake, that when we started school back up again, he could do some fun things on the computer. He could do this during schooltime. That way, he'd have something to do while the other two did their work. I soon realized that this would be easier said than done. You see, Our Dinner Table is our School Table. Said table is about three feet from the computer. Blake working on the computer was bound to distract Lane and Jacob. So, I was trying to figure out how to tell Blake that it wouldn't work.

Friday, I was clearing out a shelf to move to my bedroom, when I found the perfect solution to the problem. I had recieved a headphone set in the mail quite some time ago. Having no need for it, but SURE I would need it someday, I put it up. We tried it out, and it works wonders!
It's easier for the boys to ignore pictures on the screen than the noises, so it works out for all of us.
Also, my Sister-in-Law told me about a website where I can type up the boys Spelling Words ad it will test them for me. Now, They can take their Spelling Tests without me having to stop doing whatever I may be doing, and They learn where the letters are on the keyboard. One step towards Typing! YAY!!!
The computer is also where Landon learned that a says ah and b says bu and c says ka...all the way to f. My 15 month old knows the sounds of the alphabet, some anyway! lol When you say, "Landon, say B", he says, "bu". It's hilariously cute! He's also started calling me "Mamy" (baby for Amy). I guess he hears Anthony call me that and picked it up. It's adoreable when he goes around the house saying Mamy over and over.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive