Verse of the Day

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Back to Normal - Is There Such a Thing?

As you may have noticed, I've not posted any of my daily posts in afew days. Things have been pretty crazy around here.

Just before the weekend, I found out that an old childhood friend of mine, whom several of us were trying to help get her life back on track, left to go back to her messed up life. She has two precious children , both of whom are being raised by her parents. When she cae back to town a couple of months ago, she said she was ready to change her life. Those kids were so excited. Then she decided she didn't want to change, and took off. Those kids are heartbroken. I ask each and everyone of you to keep this family in your prayers.
Saturday morning, we got the call that a dear friend of ours had lost his battle with cancer. This man was so much like a Grandad to me, that since my own Granparents had died , he and his wife were my "back-up Grandparents". They were at my wedding, and they were my best friend's Grandparents, and they knew my Mom for many years, so it was natural for them to become my Grandparents. Anyway, he died on Saturday. And although we know he is no longer in pain, or sick, we still will miss him. Thankfully, their family had gotten them moved here, the week before, so Grandmother would be near her family. We just didn't expect him to go so fast. I think maybe he was hanging on for her sake. He wanted to get her here. I also ak that you keep her and the rest of the family in your prayers. That God will give them comfort.

Well, Saturday was filled with cooking and visiting with these wonderful friends and family. Sunday, we had a potluck between services. Monday, I spent the day cleaning. I had my In-Laws coming to spend the night, so they could attend the funeral. My Mother-in-Law is related to that family. We went to the Visitation that night. The funeral was yesterday morning. It was here, but the Graveside Service was in Fouke. We all traveled a couple of hours, to go to that. Since that's where my In-Laws live, and we were planning on being there this coming weekend anyway, they took the two older boys with them. We'll bring them home this weekend. That fixed it to where I could go down there withmy Sister-in Law, her twins, and my Mother. I took the two younger boys. We got home after 8:00, last night. I was a long day and a long trip, but I'm glad I got to go.

So, for the rest of this week, I've got to get some things accomplished, so we can go get the boys this weekend. I'm hoping things will get back to normal after that, for at least a couple of weeks. Then I'm having my surgery.

May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive