Verse of the Day

Friday, January 8, 2010

Follow-Up

So, I just realized that I never let everyone know how I was doing post surgery. I've so many of you ask or that were praying for me. Thank you so very much.
I wen to the Doctor on the 31st, for my follow-up. He said that what was healing was healing nicely. But there were a couple of areas that had not healed as fast as they should have. My original recup time was 4-6 weeks. Now, he said 8 weeks. I'm really doing pretty well. I just can't pick up the almost 30lb Landon, and no heavy lifting (meaning if it strains to do it, don't do it.) There's only been a couple of things that I have found out I can't do. No vacuuming (we have a heavy vacuum) and no scrubbing the tub (the angle I have to b in to scrub makes it pull in places that are not good).
The boys do most of the laundry for me, Anthony can vacuum and do the tub, and Lane and Anthony do the baby carrying.
I don't get to go many places, since I can't pick up Landon. The one place I did g with just me and the boys, it was just too hard on Lane to get him in and out of the car.
Lord willing, I'll be right as rain by the end of the month.

The other problem I've hade, due to the surgery, has been hormonal difficulties. I'm having a hard time dealing wth noises and emotins. The doc says that it's normal for me to have these reactions, but he gave me some Lexipro to get me through it. When I can't even stand for my boys to play loudly behind closed doors, something's gotta give, I guess. I've been taking the meds for a week, now. Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to tell that it's working.
Now, I have a sinus infection, so I'm also on Amoxicillin. I've been sick since Saturday Evening. Finally had to go to the doc today.
Anyway, that's the update on me. Again, thank you to all who prayed for me. I really have appreciated it.
I love you all. May God bless each and everyone of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive