Verse of the Day

Friday, January 8, 2010

Romans 1-4

Friday, January 8, 2010
Romans 1-4

Okay, so I don't claim to be an expert on Romans. I must admit, Romans leaves me completely confused. I can't seem to understand the way it's written. My mind tends to blank out on me when I read it. So, if anyone has any comments on these chapters, please feel free. I could use all the help I can get.

That being said, I only have a couple of comments on the first chapter.

Verse 16 is highlighted in my Bible. "For I am not ashamed of he gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;..." Are we ashamed to talk about God and our salvation. I hope not.

Verses 28-32 give a list of things that God says are "worthy of death". Pay attention to this list, because there are not only major offences in it, but many things that we, as humans, might consider to be on the milder side.
Unrighteousness (the act of wrongful behavior)
Fornication (having sex with someome other than your spouse)
Wickedness (sinful)
Covetousness (greediness)
Maliciousness (evil troublemking)
Full of Envy (full of jealousy)
Murder (to kill)
Debate (to quarrel or fight)
Deceit (trickery and subtilty to bait someone with a lie)
Malignity (mischeviousness or bad character)
Whisperers (secret slanderings ~ mean gossip)
Backbiters (talking bad about someone)
Haters of God (hating God)
Despiteful ( to get back at someone)
Proud (to feel as though you are above and better than others)
Boasters (bragger)
Inventors of Evil Things (making up evil things to do)
Disobedient to Parents (not minding your parents)
Without Understanding ( being foolish)
Covenantbreakers (not living up to a promise or a contract)
Without Natural Affection (homosexuality)
Implacable (breaking a truce)
Unmerciful (not having mercy toward others)
God says that not only the people who do these things, but they that "have pleasure in them that do them".

I looked everyone of these up in my Strong's Concordance, so I could explain them to myboys at their level. This is how I understand their meanings to be. If I'm wrong, please tell me.

Tomorrow's chapters are Isaiah 1-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive