Verse of the Day

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Matthew 1-4

Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Matthew 1-4

Can someone tell me were in the Bible it says that there are three wise men? I have looked and looked, and I can't find that answer. I know in verses 7-12 of chapter 2, it talks of thethree gifts. Is that where people get the fact that there were three wise men? I've always wondered about that. Also, I've never understood why all the Nativity Scenes show the wise men at the barn with Jesus in the Manger. It clearly says here that they went to the House. Just an observation that I thought I'd throw out there. Also, further on in verse 16, it says that Herod had all the babies, 2 and under, killed. That means that he thought Jesus could have been around two years old,doesn't it? Another reason why Jesus couldn't have been in that barn when the wise men came.

Moving on to chapter 4:18-20. Something to think about. When Jesus walked up to Peter and Andrew, and said, "Follow Me.", they dropped everything and followed Him. When God asks us to do something, do we drop everything and do it, or do we wait around to see if He really means it?

Well, that's what I've got for today's chapters. Any comments are freely accepted.

Tomorrow's chapters are Job 1-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive