Verse of the Day

Friday, September 17, 2010

Song of Solomon 1-4

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Song of Solomon 1-4
Song of Solomon is one of those Books that has many people giving many interpretations. I will give you mine, and I would LOVE it, if you would give me yours. I would Love to know what you all think of these chapters.

 In the first half of chapter 1, Solomon's Bride is saying how wonderful Solomon's love is. Then she goes on to say things that lead me to believe she was probably self conscience about how she looks. The second half seems to be Solomon telling her that she is beautiful.
 The second chapter has some things in it that I'm not sure I understand. She is describing how she sees Solomon, in the first half. The second half seems to be descibing their (shall we say "bedroom") life.
 Chapter 3 seems to be about how she, as the wife, sought him out for intamacy.
 Chapter 4 seems to be Solomon, once again, telling his Bride how beautiful she is.

The second half of SoS will be up later on. Please share your thoughts on these four chapters. As I said, I'd love to know what you all think of these chapters.

The next set of chapters will be 1 Chronicles 5-9.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive