Verse of the Day

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday, Lane!

Today, my oldest turns 10! I cannot believe how time just flies so fast! Lane was born THREE days after our 1st Anniversary. He has been a blessing to us. He loves to help out, when needed.
He has been wonderful this past year and a half. When I've been busy with the baby, he has helped with laundry and other chores. When I've been busy with the chores, he has watched the baby! Landon LOVES his "Bubba" so much. And Lane loves Landon to pieces. He has been my Right-Hand-Man for so long,I don't know what I'd do without him. We all miss him when he's gone to Nanny or Grandma's house. hahaha


















We bought Lane a Hamster for his birthday, last night. (With the help of Grandparents, of course.) He named her "Duchess",because she's a "Fancy Dwarf Hamster". He says she needed a fancy name. She spent the night exploring her new digs, and has slept most of the day. The cage has a wheel that hooks on from the outside. Before I went to bed, I had to stick a book right up next to it. She was going 90 to nothing in that thing. I didn't hear a peep from her the rest of the night. She'll have to get her exercise in the evenings from now on. No more wheel in the middle of the night! lol


Last night, I had a hard time getting the boys to go to bed. They were SO excited about the new addition to the family! The cage didn't fit where we wanted it to put it, so we had to put it within reach of Blake and Landon. Landon's already learning to leave her alone. He'll go up to the table and say, "Hiiiii!!!", and then turn around and walk off. It's so cute! Blake wants to spin the wheel while she's in it, so we're having to get on to him for that. So far, they've pretty much left her alone, for today. Lane's having a little trouble concentrating on his schoolwork, but that's okay. He'll get there.

I love this picture of the boys watching Duchess. Lane was pointing out the hamster to Landon. Landon's trying to say Duchess, but he's not quite able to yet. Most of the time, if you ask him to say Duchess, he'll shake his head no and say "Huh uh".

Lane asked for French Toast for breakfast this morning. Nanny and Poppaw took him to TaMolly's for lunch. He asked for Arkansas Shrimp for supper, so I worked all morning in the kitchen. Between that, the French Toast, and the Manicotti I fixed for tomorrow, I feel as though I've worked all day, but look at my house and I've accomplished nothing! Oh well. As long as I get things done by Friday, I'll be okay.



"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." -Psalm119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive