Verse of the Day

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

This week's recipe is one I got from my Sister-in-Law, Jennifer. I'm so grateful that she gave it to me. We love it. It's called:

Juicy Barbeque Chicken
                                       
1c oil          1/2c chopped onion*          1 1/2c ketchup
1 1/2c water          2/3c lemon juice          6Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp worchestershire sauce          4 Tbsp mustard
4 tsp salt          1tsp pepper          12-14 frozen chicken tenders

* I usually just use dried onion flakes to taste, since my guys aren't big on onion.

     ~If using fresh, chopped onion, cook the oil and onion until the onion is brown. If using dried onion, skip this step.
     ~Stir all the ingredients, except the chicken, into a two quart pot. Cook on high until boiling, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
     ~Spray a 9x13 cassarole dish with a cooking spray, and place the chicken in the dish. Pour the hot sauce over the chicken. Cover the dish with foil, and bake for 2 hours at 250*.
     ~You can thaw the chicken ahead of time, but if you do, cook for 1 hour.
     ~When it is done, the chicken will still have a LOT of juice left in it, So be VERY careul when you pull it out of the oven. It BURNS!!! When it's done, it will be very tender.
     ~I have noticed that sometimes it is not quite done, so I have started turning the temp up to 350* for the  30 minutes more. You might want to let it sit for a little while (while you finish the rest of the meal), because it takes a while to cool.

I love to serve this on Sunday afternoons, because I can make the sauce that morning and put it in the oven when we leave for church. When we get home, I turn up the heat in the oven, and then make the sides.
I usually make Corn-on-the-cob, Mac n Cheese, Green Beans, and some kind of Bread with this. We like to spoon the Hot Juice on the Mac n Cheese and Corn. Mmmmmm! Yummy! I think I know what we're having for Dinner on Sunday! lol



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive