Verse of the Day

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One Week

Well, it's been a week since my hysterectomy. I'm doing okay. I'm still pretty sore, but I guess that's to be expected. I think my last Pain Pill was Monday Morning, but I've been taking Tylenol to keep the pain tolerable.
It's been hard not to pick up my little man, but, he's been fine with his Nanny doing the "heavy lifting". The boys have been doing their school work, while I sit in the recliner and supervise.
It took a few days, but I now can get up and down without help. This is nice for those middle of the night potty needs. :)
It's been nice being here at Mom and Dad's and not having to worry about anything.
I feel well enough that I could have made the car ride to Church this evening, but I still have trouble being comfortable in certain seats and I'm still so exhaused at night, that we all decided I better stay home. Since I'm independant now, Mom and Dad took the boys with them. Anthony had to work late tonight. Ugh!
So, I'm all alone at Mom and Dad's, enjoying the peace and quiet. We haven't had any of that since the boy's got here Sunday Night. LOL

The surgery went well. I was out of my head for a while, due to the Morphine, but other than that, I did very well. I went home around noon, Friday, with Mom. I was in a lot of pain, and couldn't get up or down by myself, but it was pretty peaceful til later in the day. The In-Laws and Anthony brought the boys for a visit. They didn't stay long. I had had to take a pain pill, and those things made me a little loopy!
Saturday, my Sister and her little family came by for a visit. She brought me some red Gerber Daisies. So pretty! A good friend, Linda, came a little later, while April was still here, and brought some flowers, from the Church Family, and a Pruneless Prune Cake. Yummy!! Soon after Linda and April left, the boys came again. They were kinda crazy, but I had again taken a pain pill, so I was okay.
Sunday Morning, Anthony came to sit with me, so Mom could go to Church, and we had a good Hubby/Wife time. We talked and I read a book while he read the paper. Mostly, we just enjoyed the quiet. When Mom and Dad got back, he went to eat lunch with his family, so they could head home. He gave the boys naps and took them to Church that evening. I napped while Mom got the house ready for the onslaught of Male bodies.
All in all, it was a peaceful weekend and I miss it! lol But, I'm glad my family is back under the same roof, even if it isn't our roof. haha
I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. All the cards I've been getting have been great, too. Thanks a million! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive