Verse of the Day

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tasty Tuesday


JIFFY PEACH COBBLER


2 cup flour
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
3 tsp b. powder
3 15oz cans peaches
1 stick butter

   Preheat oven to 350*. Put the butter in a 9x13 cassarole dish and melt it in the preheating oven.
   Drain the peaches and microwave for 2 min, drain again.
   While butter is melting and peaches are heating, stir together dry ingredients. Pour in milk and stir with a spoon until mixed.
   When butter is melted, pour batter over it, and then spoon the peaches over the batter.
   Bake about for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.

All my life, I thought this was my Granny Treat's recipe (my Dad's Mom's Mom), but just a couple of weeks ago, my Sister informed me (and Mom confirmed) that it was actually my Mammaw's recipe (Mom's Mom). I'm so glad to have one of her recipes. Now, whenever I make one, I will think of her. She died a few months before I turned 16.
I hope you all enjoy the cobbler. You can also make it with other fruits. I never have, so if you do, let me know how it turns out!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive