Verse of the Day

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Job 4-6

Wednesday January 13, 2010
Job 4-6

So sorry for the delay. Landon is still sick. He is getting better, though. Hopefully in a day or two, things will be back on track.
My dear friend and cousin, Kalina and David, are adopting a sweet baby girl from Taiwan. Her name is Leia. They are in the process of getting paperwork cared for so they can get a courtdate. (Kalina, if that's not acurate, please let me know.) I ask that you all pray for them in this process, that all will go smoothly for them. Also, this place in Taiwan, His Hands, had to turn away 5 babies this week, due to government laws. They can only have so many living in the house per squarefeet, I think. I know a couple of people who would have loved to adopt these these precious babies. Please pray that His Hands will be able to recieve what they need so this may never happen again.

Now, on to the chapters for today. Job is an interesting book to read.

Chapter 4, verses 3-5: "Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast stengthened the weak hands. Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees. But now it is come upon thee, and thou faintest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled."
I often wonder if I might not be this way. Do I help others through times of trouble, but can't handle trouble when it comes my way? I hope I can do better.

Chapter 5, verse 17: "Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:"
We need to remember that when troubles come our way, maybe God is testing us. He may want to know if we will handle a situation the way He knows we can. When God allowed Satan to test Job, He knew how Job would react. Will we react to trouble the way we should, or will we buckle under the pressure and give up?

Today's chapters are Joshua 6-10. I'll try to get to them later today. Tomorrow's chapters will be Romans 5-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive