Verse of the Day

Monday, January 4, 2010

Psalms 1&2

Sunday, January 3, 2010
Psalms 1 & 2

Due to being sick, yesterday, I did not post this when I wanted. But, better late than never. :)
So, my thoughts on these two chapters.

Verse 2 says, "...delight is in the law of the Lord...meditate day and night."
Do we delight in God's Word? Do we meditate on it day and night? Or maybe we have other thigs that are constantly taking up our brain time. Maybe we are worried about what sho is coming on TV this week, or what movie is playing in theaters, or what is the next good book we want to read. Not tat any of these things are necesarily bad, but do they come before God? I'm ashamed to say, that yes, many times they do. What kind of example does that show my boys?

Verse 3 says, "...whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."
I would LOVE for the things I do to prosper. Wouldn't you? Think about it. If we are steadfast in God's Word, we could prosper in all we do. Wouldn't that be amazing?

Any comments on the rest of chapter 1, or maybe chapter 2?

Coming up next, Genesis 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive