Verse of the Day

Monday, January 4, 2010

My Daily Bible Reading

For those of you who read my blog here, you will remember that my brother gave me copy of the way he and his wife were reading the Bible. I tried this with the boys, but it became too difficult or them to do. Some days the passages were a little lengthy for them. Trying to read to them on Sundays was difficult, too. So, we stopped doing that. But, I decided to start over and do it for myself. Each day, I intend to read that day's chapters and then blog about them. Feel free to read along with me and make your own comments about them on here. I'll try to remember to put the net setof chapters at the end of each post, so you can read with me. This should take the entire year, so we will have read the entire Bible by the end of the year.
Here is a quick rundown of the schedule:
Sunday: Psalms
Monday: The Law
Tuesdays: Gospels
Wednesdays: Poetry
Thursdays: History
Fridays: Epistles
Saturdays: Prophecy
I realize that I'm late in getting started on this, but it shouldn't be too hard to catch up with me. I started yesterday. Read Psalms 1 & 2 for Sunday's reading and Genesis 1-3 for today. I will post about each one of these in seperate posts later today. At the end of the one on Genesis, I'll let you know what tomorrow's chapters are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive